Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Most Boring Post...EVER!

So as most of you know Amanda and I have been working on the boy's room in those moments between the holidays, trips to the lake house (or as I like to call it "OZ"), bank failures and the like. Well last week the last big ticket item arrived: the FLOR carpet system. Essentially they are a series of very durable, environmentally friendly and easy to install carpet tiles as you can see from this picture:



They are actually really, really easy to install. All you have to do two perpendicular strips and then build out from there. So using my trusty tape measure and even trustier T-square I used one wall of the room to lay out the first row:





As you can see pretty much 9.5 inches away from the wall. Then I started the perpendicular row. And it really was perpendicular:



However, what I had forgotten was that in a fifth floor apartment in a pre-war building there is no such thing as a perfect 90 degree angle, but even with all of this I still find it hard to believe that the wall could be this crooked:





But I suppressed the worst of my OCD tendencies and instead of pitching a fit, I actually finished laying down the carpet. And if I may say so it looks pretty darn good.

No comments: